Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Mud, The Blood, and The Tears: Orb Takes the 139th Kentucky Derby

Finally I picked a winner!
http://cdn.bloodhorse.com/images/content/OrbJoelRosarioKYDerby2013SD298.jpg
The Bloodhorse
After much indecision about my picks (as seen by my posting a top 5 rather than a top 3) I finally had to listen to my gut and go with Orb as my top choice. I'd heard he was putting in some nice workouts and he was coming off a nice winning streak.
http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2013/05/04/20/21/ufyoN.AuSt.79.jpeg
Kentucky.com
He gave an impressive run from far behind, saving energy by not following Palace Malice's blazing pace. Orb proved the best closer over Golden Soul and Revolutionary.

So how did my top picks do?
1. Orb ~ Winner!!!!
2. Verrazano ~ 14th
3. Revolutionary ~ 3rd
4. Will Take Charge ~ 8th
5. Oxbow ~ 6th

Hopefully he finds the Winner's Circle again on May 18th in the Preakness Stakes! And what's that? Could the Kentucky Oaks 3rd place finisher Unlimited Budget be heading for the Belmont Stakes to face the boys?

No comments:

Post a Comment